Am I being quoted too much to install radiator duct boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been quoted $750 ex vat for the following:-

1) Supply and install new radiator with thermostat valve (room size 7mx2.5m with three outside walls) taking feed from existing in adjacent room - run length to existing 2m.
2) New pipe work for radiator is to be protected and shuttered for running through concrete floor (builder is constructing extension).
3) Lower gas pipe so it runs in new concrete floor (and shutter/protect).
4) Extend boiler flue (Ideal FF/FX) with 90 degree elbow and 1m run of new flue horizontally - we need to vent the boiler to a new outside adjacent wall.
5) Drain down, fill, bleed and add inhibitor to CH system.

Does this price seem about the going rate - I know materials are no more than £200 inc vat max?

I live in Berkshire in case that is likely to have a bearing on the cost.

Thanks

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you meant £750 then if its 2 days at £250 a day that's fine. Make sure the worker is corgi reg. Might sound a lot but we don't get paid 5 days a week or 52 weeks a year, we have to run a business and pay for it as well as do the plumbing! Average pay is now pushing £30k - you do the sums.

Sponsored Links
I think you have a reasonable deal if the work is done well. There's also the need to cover possible return visit to sort any small problems, which you will not expect to be charged for. If the job's done well, you have no complaint. If it's cheap and no good, you will complain loudly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back