American style fridge freezer - freezer not getting cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer (model number RSH5SHMH), and the freezer side seems to have stopped getting cold - the fridge side seems fine. I have checked that the internal fan is working.

I have also taken the internal panel out to see if there is anything wrong with the evaporator coils. There most certainly is - they are barely cold to the touch, when surely they should be freezing? The compressor is warm (which I think is to be expected) and the fan which blows over it is working.

Why might cause one side of the unit to be OK (the fridge), but the other side (the freezer) to not be getting cold?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ackoman

Sponsored Links
It could be the temperature sensor, i had the same problem on two of mine a few years back and fitted new sensors which sorted it, they cost about £14 or less for non original and seem widely available, which could point to it being a commonly replaced part.

Hi,

I've got a Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer (model number RSH5SHMH), and the freezer side seems to have stopped getting cold - the fridge side seems fine. I have checked that the internal fan is working.

I have also taken the internal panel out to see if there is anything wrong with the evaporator coils. There most certainly is - they are barely cold to the touch, when surely they should be freezing? The compressor is warm (which I think is to be expected) and the fan which blows over it is working.

Why might cause one side of the unit to be OK (the fridge), but the other side (the freezer) to not be getting cold?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ackoman
It's often the cold air ducts in the back clogged with ice when the frost-free fails or is overwhelmed.

Take out all the food and eat it, turn it off, open the doors and leave it open for at least 24 hours, or until water has stopped dripping, both inside and into the drainage dish on top of the motor.

If you turn it back on before it has fully melted and dried out you have wasted yoyt time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back