american style fridge/freezer - fridge warm at the top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having problems with my american style fridge freezer. The fridge is cold at the bottom and warm at the top. There is a build up of ice on the back wall near the bottom. Ive tried changing the temp etc but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
24 hr defrost then try it. Sounds like you got ice in the tubes.

Could be that your door isn't shutting properly.

If so the light will keep the top of the fridge warm while the bottom overfreezes.

Happens all the time on integrated fridges.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm having problems with my american style fridge freezer. The fridge is cold at the bottom and warm at the top. There is a build up of ice on the back wall near the bottom. Ive tried changing the temp etc but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas please.

Thanks
if you have a power freeze button and a freezer button press them both together for 8 seconds until you here a bleep give the system about 10 minutes it should drop to the set temperature. We had the same problem with the build up of ice but having just done the above it dropped from 10 degrees to 3 degrees and the fan has kicked in this circulates the cold air and prevents it icing up.I've just saved £75 plus vat plus parts call out charges, good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back