Amsterdam Sees Sense

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

The authorities of the city of Amsterdam are cracking down on cannabis smokers by banning them from smoking the stuff outdoors. (Currently it is legal there to smoke it indoors in certain cafes only).

The ban follows complaints about the smell and the number of stupefied people at large in the the streets. It is not about the for-or-against legalisation argument, which has been done to death.

It is a glimmer of hope that a governing authority has, whilst not imposing a complete ban, acknowledged the problem of the smell at least.

Sponsored Links
The authorities of the city of Amsterdam are cracking down on cannabis smokers by banning them from smoking the stuff outdoors. (Currently it is legal there to smoke it indoors in certain cafes only).

The ban follows complaints about the smell and the number of stupefied people at large in the the streets. It is not about the for-or-against legalisation argument, which has been done to death.

It is a glimmer of hope that a governing authority has, whilst not imposing a complete ban, acknowledged the problem of the smell at least.

Where will you spend your summer holidays now?

Sponsored Links
I gather andy is now in favour of government bans.

Never seen any trouble in a Wetherspoons.
And I've been in loads of them, loads of times.

I have seen trouble in many other boozers, over my decades though.

In other words, a tired old trope.
John D is a snob.

Sponsored Links
Back