Animal lovers, unite!

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Theresa-May-Ivory-681x356.png

"Theresa May has sneakily dropped the proposed outright ban on elephant ivory sales from the Tories’ 2017 manifesto.

Following bans in both the US and China, David Cameron had pledged in the 2015 Conservative manifesto to put a complete ban on all ivory trading. However, after huge pressure from rich and powerful antiques dealers, Theresa May has
conveniently decided to completely scrap the plans altogether."

http://evolvepolitics.com/theresa-m...ry-sales-bowing-millionaire-antique-lobbyist/

This is in line with Theresa's support for fox hunting. It has been rumoured that she needs a new coat and has been in touch with Dalmation-puppy breeders.

Sponsored Links
hadn't read about that. Regarding fox hunting. I spent most of my life in rural settings and know full well the savagery that foxes can inflict. Indeed the county i lived in I think had the largest hunt in the country. Do I support Fox hunting? Do I hell . It is barbaric and ineffective anyway.

There was some conservative big wig/party member on Radio 4 last week in an interview with john Humphreys
waffeling on about bringing back fox hunting. bloke was a complete idiot imho

Total disgrace lifting the ban on Ivory.

Any one involved in it including antique dealers should be prosecuted & jailed . Minimum sentence 2 years. 2nd offence 4 years & all there assets siezed

same with fox hunting . 2 year minimum sentence no exceptions all there assets seized, house ,money , cars every thing apart from the clothes they are wearing

If May carries on like this before (possibly) a huge majority, I worry what else she has in store for us?

Sponsored Links
Some people are calling it a "dementia tax" if you live long enough to need a lot of care in your own home, your savings and your house will be taken to pay for it.

I haven't read much about it yet.

Damian Green (tipped as next tory chancellor) was wittering on about it earlier

Best bet is to peg out quickly. But if you choose to get cancer instead of dementia, the state will pay for your care. Choose your illness wisely.

Apparently they think the Retired Plumber ex-UKIP voters are in the bag now and don't need to be wooed. The pensioners winter fuel payment cut is just trivial.

I couldn't see any of these mentioned on the Daily Wail website. Can't think why.

"Dementia Tax" is tucked away in the sidebar of the Express, under Pippa's wedding.

While tax and benefits are being sucked away from pensioners, and school dinners cut, notorious tax-dodging billionaire Harmsworth, boss of the Daily Mail, who was born, brought up and educated in Britain, has his mansion, country estate and London home here, and his business selling a British produced product, in Britain, to British customers, continues to be a non-taxpayer. Lord Harmsworth and his paper support the Conservatives.

Back