Another AAV question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

I have had a look but can't seem to find an answer for what I need to know.

I'm about to create an ensuite, but it's quite a long run to the SVP at the back of the property, so I want to add an AAV (pretty sure BC will want one anyway but just at the planning stage atm).

The layout will be WC, then basin, then shower, then all the way to the SVP. Wouldn't really be practical for a 40 or 50mm run to the SVP, so they will need to join the 4" in the ensuite.

I would like to use vanity units and a BTW pan for the toilet and sink, so the intention is to build a boxed in section 800mm long by 300mm deep in the far corner for the vanity units to butt up against and forming the end of the shower enclosure and also housing the shower pipework.

I would like to use this boxed in section to house the AAV, with a vent and an access panel high up in the 300mm face (ie not in the shower enclosure), but I wanted to check if this is an acceptable location. The layout would (easiest) be WC, basin, AAV, shower then run to SVP although it would also be possible to have WC, AAV, basin, shower if that makes a difference which I feel it will. Hopefully one of these will be acceptable as I'm not sure if the AAV has to go at the end of the run.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
AAV can go where you indicate, it's above the WC outlet which will be the only chance of the 110mm running full bore. Usual practice is to bring the stack up in a corner, terminating in an AAV, with junction for WC etc as appropriate, although I cant see your proposal being an issue.

Make sure AAV is fitted above spillover level of the basin though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back