Another African crisis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I watched the terrible scenes on the news last night about the poor children that are starving to death in Niger :(

For the life of me, I can not see why these people keep reproducing when they do not have the means to support their family. Its an absolute disgrace that children are being brought into the world to face starvation and disease.

This will keep happening in these countries until somebody takes the iniative and introduces a massive contraception drive. Bob Geldof should take this on board instead of throwing food and charity at this revolving door situation.

Why has nobody thought of this and acted. :eek:
I feel desperately sorry that this situation is allowed to continue and I always contribute to disasters but, this will keep happening :cry:

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
I watched the terrible scenes on the news last night about the poor children that are starving to death in Niger :(

For the life of me, I can not see why these people keep reproducing when they do not have the means to support their family. Its an absolute disgrace that children are being brought into the world to face starvation and disease.

This will keep happening in these countries until somebody takes the iniative and introduces a massive contraception drive. Bob Geldof should take this on board instead of throwing food and charity at this revolving door situation.

Why has nobody thought of this and acted. :eek:
I feel desperately sorry that this situation is allowed to continue and I always contribute to disasters but, this will keep happening :cry:
Controlling the population has been thought of in the past but it obviously is not something that is workable. it is hard enough getting food aid distributed to the masses. but let's not forget that this is a food disaster brought upon them with their crops failing and they were till recently feeding the population.

Its instinct to reproduce if your life is threatened even plants do it which is why gardeners dead head, but yes it is difficult when we have so much to see children that are starving to death and there is more than enough food on the planet to feed them all.

Sponsored Links
Problem is having that food in the right location at the right time, I think in these extreme conditions that maybe it is time to forget all the worries about GM crops and allow their use in these harsh environments. maybe this will go towards solving what seems to be annually occuring disasters.

Back