another baxi 105e leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had my boiler a part to day to trace a leak that i've had for a couple of weeks

found it coming from between the diaphragm body and divert-er body

bought a new seal kit for the diaphragm body but it never cured it

Took the diaphragm body off and switched all water back on and have now seen it coming out of the diaphragm body where there is a small hole with a pin sticking out

see diagram

boilerleak.jpg

What i want to know is there a repir kit for this as i'm sure it's only a small o ring causing the problem that sits over the shaft or am i worng

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Correct.

I belive you can use the diaphram repair kit (contains the tiny O ring).

Be warned tho they are a swine to strip. Perhaps replacing the back section will be easier. It is available as a single part

Yep it's a small O ring causinig the problem. A far as i'm aware there isn't a service kit for this but if you could find an O ring that fits it'll probably work. You might have trouble getting it out though but worth a try if it'll save you £90 quid or so for a complete new valve.

If the repair doesn't work be prepared to be without your boiler until you get a new valve, it could leak even worse once you've messed with it!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply guys

Think I will give it a bash tomorrow just need to get another o ring
Looking at it I might be able to do it with the diverse still in place

Saying that I doubt I'd get the old o ring out

Might just end up getting a recon unit for £30 from a local supplier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back