Another bunch of Illinformed muppets!!

baldy01 said:
Big_Spark said:
How misleading and arbitrary is that. Visible light is a form of electromagnetic radiation, I don't think I have heard anyone accuse it of being cancer causing.
Allow me to disagree. Ultraviolet light is on of the most prevalent causes of skin cancer.
Indeed, but it isn't part of the visible spectrum, which is what B_S was referring to there.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
baldy01 said:
yes it is, quite a few animals can see it.
The "visible spectrum" is defined as such in the context of human vision, not animal, plant, or robot vision. :rolleyes:

I can sort of see the point he was making though Softus as the term Visible light is open to debate in actual extent as some people can see into the very very near UV and some are able to see into the almost (but not quite) IR ranges.

Obviously the range needs to be set as the average which covers the bulk of the humans, but I don't think (could be wrong) that there is a defined standard for it..just a range..

But if you know different I am open to being told..

Big_Spark said:
How misleading and arbitrary is that. Visible light is a form of electromagnetic radiation, I don't think I have heard anyone accuse it of being cancer causing.
Big_Spark said:
...the term Visible light is open to debate in actual extent as some people can see into the very very near UV and some are able to see into the almost (but not quite) IR ranges.

Back