Another Candy GO 482 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My candy GO-482-80 washing machine serial no. 31002600 0851 1319 blew the house fuse but not it's plug fuse. reading various on-line comments I suspected the heater - I tested 27 ohms through it with a multi meter which seems to be within acceptable range but I don't have a megger so couldn't test continuity. I took the risk of buying a new heater but it hasn't fixed the problem. I tried to run a test cycle as described by one on-line expert but it doesn't come up with a flashing error code as described - I either get all three lights to the LHS of the controller and the 90 min light flashing simultaneously non stop or I get the 90 min and top spin speed lit solid while the door security light flashes, I can change from one to the other by pushing the start button.
All the usual suspects have been checked drain / filter / incoming water /signs of burning, damage, arcing etc. looked for. I replaced the motor brushes about 6 months ago the motor, drum and belt all turn easily by hand. Any ideas anyone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back