Another HW/CH question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
Posting another question on HW/CH as I cant seem to find an answer here that "fits" my problem.

I have no hotwater, but the radiators are heating fine. I do get lots of HW when I turn the immersion on. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Many Thanks
Anna

Sponsored Links
Need alot more info on your system Anna.
Sounds like it could be your motorised valve that diverts the water from heating to the coil in your hot water tank.
It is usually a silver coloured box on top of joint near the cylinder with wires coming from it.
Have a look and see if you have one, if so turn the control to hot water on then push the lever at the side of the motorised valve and see if hot water flows into the coil, if it does than u need a new synchron motor for the valve.
Pete

Thanks for your speedy response Pete!
I just took a look at the motorised valve - there are the letters M - W - H on the side and I cant slide the switch from the H position. don't know if its stuck or suppose to stay there (?) However! This morning I noticed the pipe going into the tank was cold, so I've tapped it with a hammer and now the pipe is hot and the water seems to be heating. I'm not sure how permanent that "fix" is. Anymore advice gratefully received.

Regards
Anna

Hi - Anna's bloke here.
The Mid Position Actuator is a BGMVSP-23, 230 volt, 28mm 3 port.
It also has the makings "British Gas NPC Code 553 312" on the label.
We've basically no idea how this works and what needs to be checked before we have to spend out on this. The control appears to be moving - it "whirred" at me and hot water then flowed into the cylinder coil - it got to hot to touch, but as yet it's only been 20 minutes and it's a large tank.

We haven't been able to find this model anywhere online and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Anna's ( I'm a techy not a plumber ) Bloke

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back