Another mixer shower question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to fit a simple bar type mixer shower in my bathroom. I have a sime friendly combi 80t which just runs a bath and 2 sinks. I dont want to use the bath just a shower. I have found behind my bath, 22mm and 15mm supplies both capped off. Which i presume is for a shower.

My question is do i need to fit isolating valves on both hot and cold or a combined check valve to prevent backflow? Can i run the supplies in 15mm to the mixer?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Isolating valves would be handy for future servicing etc but do reduce the flow rate unless you go for full bore valves.
Using 15 mm pipe to feed is fine.
You may find the mixer unit may have a non return valve built in, these seriously restrict flow so make sure you do not duplicate although you are running hot and cold mains fed they should be close to equal.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back