Another MT10 problem (greenstar junior 28i)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So as the title suggests, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior 28i boiler and the MT10 mechanical timer has broke. The clocks ticking away but it does not fire up at selected time. I've tried changing the selected times and made sure the times between the 24hr and 12hr indicators match and still nothing.
The boiler still works when set to "ON", its just the timer settings not working.

So I need to replace the timer. I was thinking of replacing the MT10 with the DT20. But I've also been considering using a wireless thermostat.
I have read good things about the Honeywell CM927.

My question is do I even need to replace the MT10 timer at all? If I got a CM297 and wired it up to the boiler and have the existing MT10 switched to "ON", would I be able to control timer settings through the CM927?

Thanks,

Granite.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

So as the title suggests, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior 28i boiler and the MT10 mechanical timer has broke. The clocks ticking away but it does not fire up at selected time. I've tried changing the selected times and made sure the times between the 24hr and 12hr indicators match and still nothing.
The boiler still works when set to "ON", its just the timer settings not working.

So I need to replace the timer. I was thinking of replacing the MT10 with the DT20. But I've also been considering using a wireless thermostat.
I have read good things about the Honeywell CM927.

My question is do I even need to replace the MT10 timer at all? If I got a CM297 and wired it up to the boiler and have the existing MT10 switched to "ON", would I be able to control timer settings through the CM927?

Thanks,

Granite.
Yes you can just leave the mt10 in place with it on permanently if you wire an external prog stat in. Either that or just disconnect the wire from the mt10 into the PCB which will leave it on permanent anyway.

Thanks St0rmer66, that's what I was hoping.

So to follow on from that then, is the Honeywell CM927 the way to go for an external prog stat?

Bump

Should I go with a Honeywell cm927?

Or perhaps a nest? What are peoples opinions/views of these external stats please.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
They are what they are!

It all depends on what your movements are!

You need to decide of you want the remote phone control facility or not.

The Nest does take a week or two to "learn" what you do. But that only works if your routine is fairly regular.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back