Another... Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

Micky, I've 'quoted' the whole story. I never misspelled 'thief', the writer of the story never misspelled thief and neither did you. However, I refer you to Andy's post above for your misspelling of misspell.

Isn't that illegal? Not illegal to misspell (which should be mis-spell, anyway), but to steal or plagiarise someone elses words is.

So by me dropping an s or a dash, you admit to stealing someone elses work. Spelling ain't illegal, stealing is.

You can get locked up for that. But not locked up for making a typo.

Sponsored Links
Isn't that illegal? Not illegal to misspell (which should be mis-spell, anyway), but to steal or plagiarise someone elses words is.

So by me dropping an s or a dash, you admit to stealing someone elses work. Spelling ain't illegal, stealing is.

No it is not mis-spell it is misspell. And (-) is called a hyphen not a dash.

Quoting something and giving a link to the source is not stealing. :rolleyes:

No it is not mis-spell it is misspell. And (-) is called a hyphen not a dash.

Quoting something and giving a link to the source is not stealing. :rolleyes:

This site has turned into a farce...

A ~ is a hyphen a - is a dash. Stealing from a source is illegal. A typo isn't. When the source from where you stole the material, finds out that you stole it, then, be arrested for theft. But in the meantime, a misplaced s or a dash, isn't illegal. You stole someones material. It is not your origional material. It is stolen. Get a grip of your life! Arguing the abuse of an s of the use of a dash or hyphen...jeez! When stealing text IS a crime.

JHC, I did not quote the text another poster did, can't you get anything right?

~ is not I repeat not a hyphen.

The hyphen (-) is the small bar found on every keyboard. It has several related uses; in every case, it is used to show that what it is attached to does not make up a complete word by itself. The hyphen must never be used with white spaces at both ends, though in some uses it may have a white space at one end.

Sponsored Links
With respect Micky, I really do think you have a few issues. Again, with respect, may I suggest you make an appointment to see your GP and discuss your current situation with him/her. There are people who can help you through this difficult time. For the sake of yourself and/or your family, make an appointment.

Good point blas.
micky you need to calm down, the last thing "most" people want is for you to totally loose it.

Sponsored Links
Back