Another... Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Motorbike thief' killed in crash.

A suspected motorbike thief who police refused to chase because he was not wearing a helmet has been killed in a crash - riding with no helmet on a stolen machine.

Bobby Carl Hodgkins, 24, was one of two men arrested days after a £20,000 raid on motorbikes at a showroom in Altrincham, Cheshire, last month.

At the time officers from Greater Manchester Police came under fire after they refused to chase the thieves over safety fears as they were not wearing crash helmets.

But senior police said their officers were following national policy on pursuing bike thieves without helmets.

Hodgkins, on bail for the earlier raid, suffered serious head injuries when a Kawasaki 450 off-ride bike he was riding collided with a Toyota van in Wythenshawe, south Manchester, on Saturday afternoon. He died a short time later.

The motorbike had been stolen during a burglary in Audenshaw, east Manchester, on August 26.

Hodgkins was due to answer bail for the showroom theft on Friday.

His family paid tribute to him in a short statement: "Bobby was a loving and loyal son who would do anything for his family. He will continually shine in our hearts forever."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100907/tuk-motorbike-thief-killed-in-crash-6323e80.html

Sponsored Links
why is the criminals safety always more important than anything else?

does anyone remember that bank robber in spain who escaped on a motorbike? that's how they should have dealt with bobby carl. fabulous redneck name BTW. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The real crime is that the OP doesn't know how to spell thief.

What goes around comes around. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Learn to spell. Slag off this miscreant, but mispell his crime, and suffer a certain consequence.

That's how life works.

why does anyone remember that bank robber in spain who escaped on a motorbike? that's how they should have dealt with bobby carl. . :LOL:
Spanish one was Viva Bobby Joe :rolleyes:

The real crime is that the OP doesn't know how to spell thief.

What goes around comes around. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Learn to spell. Slag off this miscreant, but mispell his crime, and suffer a certain consequence.

That's how life works.

The OP did not misspell thief, but you did misspell - misspell. :rolleyes:

Micky, I've 'quoted' the whole story. I never misspelled 'thief', the writer of the story never misspelled thief and neither did you. However, I refer you to Andy's post above for your misspelling of misspell.

"Bobby was a loving and loyal son who would do anything for his family"

Seemingly at other peoples expense though.........

DH

come of it chaps this is an awful thread, not one of you has a shred of decency. you disgust me

honestly not one of you spent a minute thinking of the suffering caused by this tragedy

its going to take ages before the poor toyota driver gets his van back from the menders.

come one cope on to yourselves

;)

My thoughts are with the owner of the van also. It takes ages to buff scum out of your bumper.

Sponsored Links
Back