anti-gravity valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently installed a DIY solar hot water system but am having a problem with losing heat from the hot water cylinder which is reverse- circulating up the primary boiler (28mm) flow pipe. This is a gravity system and I am wondering whether there is such a thing as an anti-gravity valve which would allow the water to flow in one direction only although I can't imagine how this would work?

I think my alternative is to update my system and install a motorised valve controlled by a cylinder stat which would presumably close off any gravity flow when closed?

Your comments are gratefully received and if anybody is interested in my solar DIY installation (cheap and highly recomended) - please ask.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that

Presumably they are seated in position under gravity and are forced open merely by the push of the rising hot water? What are they made of?

Cheers

Steve Williams

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back