Any ex. housing association fitters like to compare fitting?

Do yourself a favour mate and leave them. I am not quite sure what you are after, but I have yet to find the first sub job that is worth doing. Don’t blame the bosses, become one

Sponsored Links
Thanks scatmanjohn. The only problem is that some of the poorly installed boilers give the manufacturers a good excuse to say that its not their boilers that are the problem, when some of them at the so called budget end of the market are quite clearly sh***. Well thats my rant for the evening, got red wine to finish and an upmarket boiler to fit tomorrow. :)

All the boilers on the market will give good service if properly installed onto a clean system.

90% of the boilers I go to are failed because of dirt in the system. Mostly from no cleaning at installation. A few from the filling loop having been left open.

Housing Association installs are mostly done very poorly indeed without filling in the benchmark even.

I did see one instal of a Ravenheat in Coventry which was perfect and worked fine for the two years until my friend left the property.

Tony

Dear Andy165,

Have you been to the Bruce Lee school of plumbing and high speed combi changing?

Do you find the pipes are so hot due to the speed of travel whilst in your grasp that they glow in the dark and cuase the solder to flow on entry to the yorkshires?

I say yorkshires as obviously the lead free solder reel would not remain solid once under your control.

Tim

PS, here do you by the "empty this daily" stickers you put on the condensate bucket.

PPS, proberbly you are a red hot plumber/heating herbert who enjoys a joke, why not come to Leeds on the 30th

Sponsored Links
Everyone works at different paces one person fast is anothers slow and vice versa.
Have two mates that can do standard 3 bed house 7/8 rads pipework and combi in a day.

last time I worked for a H.A ,I was employed by them and I seem to remember earning about £850. a month nett. Guess who buggered it all up :rolleyes: That was in 1986

New entrants into the industry take note, the road to riches is not just to be an installer. The 8 hour boiler change was paid at £10.30 an hour before deductions, although you do get a company van,fuel card and materials/ consumables. That is why you often see the adverts in nat. newspapers for gas installers quite frequently. I dont believe there is a shortage of installers , but a shortage of mugs who are willing to do a proper job and be rewarded so low. Wonder what proportion of installers end up being alcoholics? Must go, another bottle of red wine to enjoy, present off a satisfied customer as well as paid in cash. Ah, this is the life! Tax man **** ***, I'm only half joking!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back