Any EXPERTS on wood and waterproof white stain ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to make a waterproof, white-stained, wooden top for my bathroom linen box (built-in, out of brick and tiled).
Im no expert on wood nor stains but after searching have been unable to find a white stain which will show the grain of the wood with a mat finish and waterproof it.
The top will have a lid recessed into it and be used for my kids to stand on when the hop out of the bath to get dried.
so:
The white-stain is necessary to fit the bathroom units (so no compromise there)
Not even sure what the best wood is to use since it needs to be quite hard-wearing.

Any recommendations gratefully received...

Sponsored Links
I'm looking to make a waterproof, white-stained, wooden top for my bathroom linen box (built-in, out of brick and tiled).
Im no expert on wood nor stains but after searching have been unable to find a white stain which will show the grain of the wood with a mat finish and waterproof it.
The top will have a lid recessed into it and be used for my kids to stand on when the hop out of the bath to get dried.
so:
The white-stain is necessary to fit the bathroom units (so no compromise there)
Not even sure what the best wood is to use since it needs to be quite hard-wearing.

Any recommendations gratefully received...

i use Timberex Extra White Oil Stain [http://www.vanillawoodfloors.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=90_92&products_id=273}

it would be best to put a clear polyurethane finish on top of that

it is more effective with pine and it would be best to put a clear polyurethane finish on top of that

That sounds like just the job, I shall hunt some down.
Very much obliged to you will2000, thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back