Any ideas for roofing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just taken down a very untidy lean too which was fitted to the back of our garage. Basically the previous owner had erected two wooden walls at the front, stuck in a door a couple of windows and fitted a corrugated bitumen roof on the top.
The battens for the roof were nailed onto blocks which in turn were nailed to the soffit board on the back of the garage.
Now I have plans to put a door in the back wall of the garage, access from the garage to the back garden.
I am going to copy the previous construction but this time with bricks to match the house and put in a door and a couple of windows.
Now... my confusion, what sort of roof can I fit to the walls and back to the garage wall? I had a look at polycarbonate panels but thought it looked a bit out place. Went into Wickes and they sell bitumen felt shingles in strips....are these any good?, they would match the colour of the tiles.
I guess the best option would be tiles to match the garage but that would mean cutting into the neighbours wall for the lead flashing.....not keen on that!!
So please any help would be much appreciated!!

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Unless you rebuild the slope to a new single pitch, then any roof you form at a different pitch will look out of place.

I would just form a flat roof.

This way, all you will see is the fascia board and then the existing roof beyond it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back