any of you guys use nail varnish??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to have a wet room built where you can walk out of a doorway (but no actual door or door frame) into a dry area with toilet and basin.

The wet area will be tiled floor to ceiling and the dry area emulsioned as it won't get wet.

On the 'wet' side of the doorway I will have tiles coming to the edge but not turning the corner into the doorway. The tile that I'm using doesn't have its own ceramic edge trim and I don't want to use aluminium or plastic tile trim because I think that will emphasise the transition from tiled to untiled. Also, the tile is white and I can't find a suitable white trim (so many whites :( :( )

I have had advice to either use car enamel touch-up paint or nail varnish to colour the edges of the tiles to match the fronts. Although the edges are glazed you can see the biscuit colour is darker than the white gloss surface. I can see that if this works it will make a neater finish than edge trim.

I guess this is a similar problem to finishing the top of a splashback.

Has anyone used this method? Does it work?

cheers, Denzil

Sponsored Links
Just a thought, a plaster decorative moulding on the edge and paint to the choice of your colour or timber flat moulding etc :idea: Having said this, I can't see your layout

98.jpg

yes, I see what you mean. Tiles are only 7mm thick so it wont have to be too chunky.

I wondered if the car paint or nail varnish was a recognised technique or just the architect having a Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen moment. :eek:

Nail varnish is a sore point in this house... :evil:

Wife woke me from my sunday slumber on the sofa a few years ago...and asked me to go down the local shop for some frozen yorkshires...

Got to the shop...got the goods...went to pay...

Found that my lovin wife had painted my nails bright red while I was asleep :eek:

Mr Patel gave me a funny look (nothing new) as I picked up my change a pack of mrs Beatons yourshires and my KKK monthy...feeling a 'little' embaressed!

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: that's how it happens. The first time is a 'mistake', you get to like it and now I bet you can't go down to the shop without the whole make up thing :LOL: :LOL:

That old chestnut hey Zampa!

"Yeah....it was my wife when i was asleep.....honest"

Hmmm..

Ive got that 'shouldnt have posted that' feeling... :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back