Any plasterers here ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've started removing tiles for a new kitchen. The intention was to get a plasterer (when we can find one) to skim / re plaster the walls as we don't want to re tile. There are five walls and hundreds of these tiles.

In the pic of the utility I've removed the tiles and tile adhesive but as you can see the tiles have pulled some of the plasterboard away. I'm presuming this will happen in the kitchen itself which is quite large. Looking at the pic is it possible / feasible to plaster or skim over that damage or are we talking re boarding.

There will be new units above the old tile line around the whole kitchen so its simply a case of making good the tiled areas which are currently between the worktops and bottom of the upper units (18 inches) around most of the kitchen

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Skim it, small damaged areas can be replaced by screwing battens under the old p/b and screwing new (same thickness) board onto them, then skimming over.

Blup

Skim it, small damaged areas can be replaced by screwing battens under the old p/b and screwing new (same thickness) board onto them, then skimming over.

Blup

Cheers. Would that area in the pic be suitable to be skimmed if I made good some of the dents and removed the flaking paper. I don't intend to skim it myself as lack the skill but would like to make it as easy as possible for someone else.

edit... a bit of googling would suggest it needs a coat of PVA, bonding plaster before a final skim.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back