Any Sky engineers on here, help authenticating Q mini box no broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved house and will not have any broadband till 24th, the house I have moved to already has a Sky Q lnb, so I have connected my 2tb box up and it is working fine, but I want to connect my teenage sons mini box to my router wifi only no active broadband, I can connect my main box to my router and I can get the mini box to find the main box but can't authenticate due to no active broadband, I have tried connecting my 2tb box to my iPhone mobile hotspot but it won't connect, I can connect my laptop with no issue, so I'm thinking it, s not my mobile hotspot at fault, I am aware that sky engineers usually do this via there iPads, assuming they are using the iPad built-in hotspot, can anybody give me any advice as to where I'm going wrong.

sorry for the long post

Sponsored Links
Sky engineers are all in Osterley. Sky don't use them for installations, they use installers.

Do installers ipads have hotspots? To do so they would need to be the expensive ones with cellphone build in.

Sky engineers are all in Osterley. Sky don't use them for installations, they use installers.

Do installers ipads have hotspots? To do so they would need to be the expensive ones with cellphone build in.
Really useful reply.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back