Anyone got 50p?

Another glorious chance to educate :LOL:

"A fridge problem" is a general term within our industry. It's short for refrigeration not as you assumed refrigerator.

Of course those deemed worthy of entry into our industry are so highly developed ( member of Mensa is an absolute minimum ) that we too will often say "Is it a fridge or a freezer?" but as all are blessed with an almost spooky telepathic superpower we can quickly differentiate this subtle nuance

Therefore this particular quip "It's a fridge problem" should be interpreted as "It's a refrigeration problem"This has been a salutary lesson that I humbly learn when conversing with the great unwashed

That said, my comment stands (esp the bit about electricians -although I could have added "who need the cables colour coded so they don't get it wrong" but that -I felt- was 'A' too cheeky and 'B' far too presumptive ;) )

Cheers

Richard
Good teachers say what they mean in the first place and dont assume that the terms they use are universally accepted as the norm
It's a fridge problem -sparks know F all about fridges apart from how to wire the plug
;)
and because the problems that are stated are to do with cooling doesnt necessarily mean they are mechanical problems and not electrically related but i suppose that sort of wisdom is best left to the elite thinking trades such as sparks :D

Sponsored Links
Another glorious chance to educate :LOL:

"A fridge problem" is a general term within our industry. It's short for refrigeration not as you assumed refrigerator.

Of course those deemed worthy of entry into our industry are so highly developed ( member of Mensa is an absolute minimum ) that we too will often say "Is it a fridge or a freezer?" but as all are blessed with an almost spooky telepathic superpower we can quickly differentiate this subtle nuance

Therefore this particular quip "It's a fridge problem" should be interpreted as "It's a refrigeration problem"This has been a salutary lesson that I humbly learn when conversing with the great unwashed

That said, my comment stands (esp the bit about electricians -although I could have added "who need the cables colour coded so they don't get it wrong" but that -I felt- was 'A' too cheeky and 'B' far too presumptive ;) )

Cheers

Richard
Good teachers say what they mean in the first place and dont assume that the terms they use are universally accepted as the norm
It's a fridge problem -sparks know F all about fridges apart from how to wire the plug
;)
and because the problems that are stated are to do with cooling doesnt necessarily mean they are mechanical problems and not electrically related but i suppose that sort of wisdom is best left to the elite thinking trades such as sparks :D

Wise words indeed.

cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
Back