anyone know anything about digi cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get a camera for records etc, and as most service heads and CU,s /fuse boards are in cupboards, understairs, basements, cellers and the like and usually lit by a 40 watt bulb swinging on some 1950,s twisted fabric cord taking pics with my phone is not producing very good results so any info guys would be good, sales people in various stores I have visited are to say the least enthusiastic but not informative and tend to retire a bit when you tell them your taking pics in a dark cellar. to state the obvious somthing compact with good image quality but not costing more than £50 any ideas ??
Mac

Sponsored Links
Just buy one with a built in flash, built in battery (not standard batteries) and make sure it has a lux setting so you can brighten the picture / camera sensitivity.

I'd suggest upping the budget a bit and getting something you can use on hols, in bed etc :eek:

Ta chis is the flash a must, except for use in bed obviously

You prefer the lights on?

How's the camera on your mobile (if you have one)?

My old Nokia N82 had a fantastic camera which even took very good pictures in pretty much full darkness (obviously nothing with distance).
I now have a Blackberry 9700 which is still pretty good but not quite as good as my N82 was.

Sponsored Links
phone camera a bit iffy but might be that its just me imagining it to be a mickey mouse idea I might try taking some pics with an open mind to the possibility that given a fair try they might be ok
Mac

It's worth a shot as you'll probably always have your mobile in your pocket to take a quick snap when you need to.

I have a 4 megapixel camera with a flash for work. It is absoloutly fine.

The flash is a definate must, and it would be good to get one with auto focus and also a macro function for taking close ups.

Something like this might be ideal as it is a good camera (same as mine) and cheap as chips, so when you trash it at work it doesn't really matter.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back