Anyone know where I can get a single bracket for a towel rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved house about 6 months ago. In the bathroom there is a ladder style towel radiator, which runs off the central heating and is held to the wall by 3 brackets.
The brackets have a body that is fixed to the wall, and then a clasp shaped bit that fits around one of the pipes (like a C shape) and which is then mounted in the bracket on the wall.
The top bracket has broken - the C shaped bit has snapped, so it will no longer suppor the radiator.

There is nothing on the radiator itself to say what make it is, and everywhere I have tried have told me my only chance is if I knew the manufacturer and if they, by some chance, happen to stock spares.

I can't believe this is true and I literally have to replace the whole radiator because one bracket is broken. Anyone able to suggest where I might be able to source one??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
have to replace the whole radiator because one bracket is broken. Anyone able to suggest where I might be able to source one??

Thanks in advance

B&Q sell them. Let us know if you find them as I got some there about 6 months ago.

I tried B&Q among others on Saturday, but was told they didn't do spares, I'd have to contact the manufacturer of my radiator - which of course I don't know!!

The closest match I could find was a model in Homebase called the "St Moritz", but again I was told they don't do spares.

I tried B&Q among others on Saturday, but was told they didn't do spares.

Dont have to ask them. Just find where the towel rails are and they have a shelf with accessories; brackets, electrical elements, towel bars, etc. They sold the white and chrome coloured brackets when I got some. I think they intend them for sale with their own towel rails but there is nothing to stop you buying them for your own needs.

Sponsored Links
I checked there first and there was nothing on display, which is why i ended up asking someone for help.

I'll maybe have another look or try a different branch.

In the meantime, anyone else any alternative leads I could try?

I checked there first and there was nothing on display, which is why i ended up asking someone for help.

I'll maybe have another look or try a different branch.

In the meantime, anyone else any alternative leads I could try?

I'll look in the Cambridge branch sometime this week which is where I got them from. A large warehouse branch would be a better bet.

I just found this old post and realised I never closed it out - and the response might help someone else.
In the end I found a model of radiator that was very similar to the one in my bathroom, at the local Homebase. They gave me the contact details for the manufacturer, who happened to be based in Ireland.
I called them and explained that I had a rad that seemed to be one of their models, but I admitted i wasn't sure as i had recently moved house. I explained my problem, that the bracket had broken "no problem" said the lady, and they sent me 2 replacement brackets, free of charge, which arrived in a couple of days. Job done and brilliant customer service.
Just wish I could remember the name of the company and I'd give them a personal recommendation! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back