Anyone know where I can get a UK version of this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
31A0Aom9nML._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A clue to what it actually is might help.

Looks like some sort of PIR sensor that plugs in?
I presume you want one with the square pins to fit a British socket outlet?

A clue to what it actually is might help. Looks like some sort of PIR sensor that plugs in?
Yep, I would say that's almost certainly what it is - a PIR switched adapter, with an auto/manual switch on tyhe side.
Indeed - and it wouldn't surprise me if one were available, although it's not something I've ever looked for. Googling for "PIR socket", "PIR adapter", or something like that might well do the trick.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Looks like some sort of PIR sensor that plugs in?
That's exactly it.

On Amazon UK I only found the Euro versions, as in the photo.

Indeed - and it wouldn't surprise me if one were available, although it's not something I've ever looked for. Googling for "PIR socket", "PIR adapter", or something like that might well do the trick.
Been looking for over an hour and couldn't find one. Surprises me that a UK version isn't readily available. Thought I might be missing the obvious, hence this post, but seems not.

Been looking for over an hour and couldn't find one. Surprises me that a UK version isn't readily available. Thought I might be missing the obvious, hence this post, but seems not.
This one comes up in my searches...

The sensor is battery operated, so it could be located in a more suitable location, than at socket level.

I agree that (rather surprisingly) they are not too easy to find, but a couple of minutes searching indicates that there are a few out there ... for example (click here) , which was the first appropriate hit I got, (although I'm certainly not necessarily recommending this particular one!) ......

1678901530267.png

Kind Regards, John

Only UK product seems to be this:

Bit OTT and expensive for my requirements.

I have used some thing like this 1678901520167.pngthe torch has a PIR built in and also switches on with power failure, there is also the wall mounted PIR 1678901699086.pngbut not seen the adaptor as shown, I have found this 1678901882627.pngit says
Simple way to help protect your home, make it look occupied when you are out.
  • Simply plug your lamp into the security timer
  • No programming required
  • Lamp will automatically turn on/off in a random pattern
  • Built-in dusk to dawn sensor ensures the timer will only operate the lamp in hours of darkness
  • Use multiple security timers around the home for a more realistic effect
There are devices, this 1678902268766.pngone is a zigbee smart control which can be paired to a bulb or relay etc, and switch it on or off. This one 1678902406447.png says it is a "Smartwares Remote Control Socket and Indoor PIR kit, Model SH5-313" But not identical to what you have found.

Better to say what you want to do, and get suggestions on how to do it.

This one comes up in my searches...

The sensor is battery operated, so it could be located in a more suitable location, than at socket level.
Similar to the one I found but half the price so one to consider, thanks.

I agree that (rather surprisingly) they are not too easy to find, but a couple of minutes searching indicates that there are a few out there ... for example (click here) , which was the first appropriate hit I got, (although I'm certainly not necessarily recommending this particular one!) ......

View attachment 298346

Kind Regards, John
That's more like it, thanks. Under £10 so could be worth a punt.

"only"? What's wrong with ones like the one I posted?
I didn't update screen before I posted #8 so failed to see your post #7.

298496-b3167d5d7764a5d0cc9632ba9cd16e55.jpg
This is what I'm after, thanks. Was this item for sale in the UK? If so, could you kindly provide a link?

That's more like it, thanks. Under £10 so could be worth a punt. .... I didn't update screen before I posted #8 so failed to see your post #7.
It's certainly cheap, but it is shipped from China (which might concern some people) with a 15-day delivery delay. If I have a moment, I'll have another look later and see if I can find one which is actually stocked in the UK.

Like you, I don't know where the one eric pictured comes from,, but it looks extremely similar to the one I posted.

Kind Regards, John

The same as yours but it looks like this one: .... Note though it does not have the same function as the European one.
I imagine that the OP wants the PIR functionality. Your one appears to just switch on/off at random during the hours of darkness (the sensor presumably being a photocell, rather than a PIR) - although, if it is installed indoors, I presume it will only switch on/off during indoor 'hours of darkness', which is quite possibly not what one would want!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back