Anyone know where I can get a UK version of this?

Your one appears to just switch on/off at random during the hours of darkness (the sensor presumably being a photocell, rather than a PIR)
Yes, although it is not "my one". It is the one Eric posted and listed its functions.

I was responding to your uncertainty ...
Like you, I don't know where the one eric pictured comes from,, but it looks extremely similar to the one I posted.
... and pointing out they are not the same

Sponsored Links
298496-b3167d5d7764a5d0cc9632ba9cd16e55.jpg
This is what I'm after, thanks. Was this item for sale in the UK? If so, could you kindly provide a link?

Seems I'm wrong about that.
The same as yours but it looks like this one:

Note though it does not have the same function as the European one.

I didn't spot the difference - thanks for pointing out.

The only reasonably priced PIR controlled UK standard mains socket is the AliExpress one posted by JohnW2. I've purchased from AliExpress in the distant past with mixed results. I'm a bit wary buying direct from China because I suspect some safety certification (such as CE marks) are not genuine and I intend for this PIR socket to be active overnight. Will give it some thought.

Thanks to all for your inputs, appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I've bought heaps of stuff off aliexpress.
But to buy something mains powered seems fairly brave

And to buy something off there mains powered, where the idea is to leave it live and unattended (like a PIR sensor) seems truly heroic brave, worthy of a medal.

I'm not saying everything 240v is sh1te on there, but you just don't know

But to buy something mains powered seems fairly brave

And to buy something off there mains powered, where the idea is to leave it live and unattended (like a PIR sensor) seems truly heroic brave, worthy of a medal.
Yes, I'm also concerned. But then the promise of a medal is tempting me...

Given that PIRs are so ubiquitous as separate units ...
Hmm, cryptic?

Are you suggesting that a suitable setup could be assembled using component parts because I've considered that approach too.

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pell0043/wall-mounted-pir-sensor-ip44-blk/dp/LA08655 (£4.74)
https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pel00524/single-25mm-patress-box/dp/PL04292 (£0.54)
https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/9399/single-switched-socket-sp/dp/PL09217 (£1.39)

And I already have suitable cable and mains plugs lying around. Might even have a patress box and switched socket somewhere - need to check. I could mount the PIR sensor and the switched socket on a piece of board with a stand - won't be a "looker" but shouldn't be too unwieldy.
For a total outlay of under £7, very tempting.
All I need to do is make up the Farnell order to £20+ to get free delivery (and there's always stuff I want).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back