Anyone Recognise This UnderF Heating Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Got to change a leaking JG Speedfit Underfloor Heating manifold for a customer due to it leaking.

I have concerns that the pipe connections used by whoever installed the job used may also be leaking. However, I do not recognise this pipe, has anybody seen anything similar?

Why they didn’t use the correct pipe throughout the install I don’t know but I’d like to give the customer some
peace of mind when I go back.

Thanks,

Mike

9D0C2CF6-4E8C-4FC2-9E3D-F6FF0969BB7A.jpeg 1794FEF5-2BD7-4BD2-955A-F5DC9149CE55.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Never seen brown plastic pipe before but the ends just look like Uponor.

out of interest, have you drained a little water out of the system into a glass, what colour is it?

Mmmm, thanks Bonni, it’s turned into a bit of a nightmare, I’ve changed the manifold over and as suspected, the crimp joints are also leaking, as well as the blending valve and both iso’s on the manifold!!!!

Madrab, the water was clear-ish, a lot of debris in the system though, doesn’t look like it’s been maintained very well. The water wasn’t brown though.

Going back next week.........!!

Sponsored Links
Oh dear ... hmmm .... you need to get a bit of that pipe to see what may fit/adapt to allow it to use proper connectors. Hopefully it's one of the normal variants @ a standard size you can then use eurocone fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back