Underfloor pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I am in the process of fitting out a wet room. Just going to start the plumbing for the basin hot and cold water.

There is bit of an awkward pipe run that i need to do. Before the floor goes down completely, what's the best way to sort this?

I need to bear in mind that it will be pretty impossible to get the floor up again if there is a leak. I will be tanking the floor, then installing underfloor heating, then tiling.

Shall I use copper or the JG Speedfit pipes? I can provide photos if need be.

So to sum up if that doesn't make sense......

I have a section of piping that will be under floorboards, then tile backer board, with my waterproofing, then underfloor heating, and then my tiles on top.

So, it will be very difficult, (or impossible), to get to the piping should anything leak.

The pipe run that is to be under the floor will only really be about 1.5m roughly.

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Preferably use copper, although Hep2o pipe could also be used if this would make life easier. Run the pipes then pressure test them before you lay the floor. If it's Hep2o you should theoretically pressure test to 18 bar, although I suspect that not many people actually do this. The industry standard is 1.5 x max working pressure. You can buy a pressure testing gauge from any plumber's merchants, dry ones pump up with a normal bicycle pump and although they only read to 4 bar this is usually enough.

Incidentally you say you're tanking then installing underfloor heating. Is this wet or dry heating? Just intrigued as to how you're proposing to get a supply to it without breaking the tanking seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back