1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone recommend a waterproof material for a small object?

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by blackcloud, 1 Jan 2020.

1. blackcloud

blackcloud

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all,

I have a tile sport tracker and it is suppose to be IP68 but it is not and really like the item and am looking for some kind of waterproof self adhesive material I can just cover it in, the thickness of sellotape. I had a look for some waterproof cases for items that small but the only ones I could find had holes in them and the are suppose to be waterproof so not sure how.
    Someone mentioned they used boot protective silicone around their tracker to make it waterproof but not sure how that would work as I need some kind of very self adhesive material that would literally glue itself onto my tracker which is as thin as sellotape that would keep it waterproof.

Really hoping someone can suggest something? thanks in advance

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart...VDLDtCh0S4QG4EAQYEyABEgIQ3_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2. sircerebus666

sircerebus666

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it is being advertised as waterproof and/ or the instructions say it is and it is not then take it back for a replacement as it is clearly faulty

3. Sponsored Links
  4. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Last edited: 1 Jan 2020
  5. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cling film

6. Sponsored Links
  7. Tigercubrider

Tigercubrider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local