Anyone used this stuff?

Sponsored Links
Yep we've used it, if the floor is 3/4 ply and solid I wouldn't bother,It acts as a separating layer to isolate the tiles from stress in the subfloor but its not much use if the floor is bouncing up and down.Use a good single part flexible adhesive.I would recommend Ardex 7001,not cheap but good and a flexible grout.
Not used the matting on the wall but I'd be more inclined to go for a paint on tanking system like BAL WP1 having said that over the last 25 years we've tiled probably 10000 shower cubicles on hundreds of sites and I can count on my fingers the number that had any kind of tanking system specified.

cheers, am looking at 18mm ply due to matching up to existing 18mm T&G boards at edges, though might do 25mm to be safe - not decided yet!!

Was thinking of using BAL products to be honest, tanking it and using Single Part Flexible adhesive everywhere.

Any good (i.e. cheap) places to buy it?

My dad did think I was going overboard as the existing shower I took out wa just plasterboard and tiles and didn't leak, but if I got a leak, taking the expensive tiles off and fixing would be a nightmare, just for the sake of £70 for WP1 kit or something!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back