1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone used Warranty Assist / Motor Angel?

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by crappy, 23 Nov 2021.

1. crappy

crappy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've a 63 plate Mini Countryman I bought from an "Honest Joe" dealer who included a Warranty Assist policy.

I have smell of exhaust in the cabin when stationary and gave them a call. They want to charge me £73 to diagnosis. If it is not covered then I lose the £72 and need to pay for the repair myself.

I don't mind paying for the diagnosis if I walk away from suggested treatment but diagnosis can only be done by one of their affiliates - Motor Angel - which seems like collusion.

Trust pilot also seem to hold a grim view of them but that is normally full of "angry" people so not always fair.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. norseman

norseman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Most of these warranties are not worth the paper they are written on & often entail the car owner conforming to un-realistic T&C's to remain covered. When you do make a claim they try the 'that's wear 'n tear guv' which of course is specifically not covered. The next trick is for them to only pay a percentage of the repair costs, either parts, labour or both.
    To put it bluntly ... they are a rip-off.

4. crappy

crappy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For me, it's not a ripoff as I didn't pay for it (and I wouldn't anyway...)
    You're right though. The suspect part is that I can only take it to one of their cohorts for diagnosis. It's win / win.

Meh - I'll DIY it