Anywhere online that sells these clips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was in a place today were the electricians had been wiring with all the cables wired within 20mm conduit.

I noticed they used these clips (see below) which they used quite alot to attach the conduit to timber etc and I can't find them anywhere in my local stores. I could do with them next week as I am wiring an outbuilding which has to be done all in conduit.

Couldn't ask the electricians as they have finished their work and left.

Anywhere online to get these clips. Tried screwfix + TLC but no joy

clip.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
WEre they definitely a good fit round the 20mm tube? I've seen this for pipe work before, but they would be 15mm and 22mm and not 20mm.

I've seen them in Wickes, but also the usual plumbers merchants too.

Just a thought that they might not actually be for conduit???

Have another look in the TLC catalogue/website mate. They definately do a very similar product that is designed for 20mm conduit. Have used them myself but prefer more old-fashioned style saddles, as the slot allows a little extra play if needed.
Hope this helps, TS.

plumbing shop will have them. altho they are likely to be 22mm

Sponsored Links
I've only ever seen them on plumbing pipe. They're ok until you want to undo them, then the hinge breaks and you have to install all new clips. I would stick to saddles. ;)

Used these on a recent job. I got them from WF. Don't think you can shop online with them though.

Well I'll check it on conduit tomorrow to see how well it fits but they used them on 20mm conduit thats for sure. The reason they were used was for speed and easy fitting. These one's are strong and don't open too easily when fixed.

After another browse at TLC like someone suggested I finally found them after opening my eyes.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MT20SAD.html

Not sure how strong they are but they may do. They are a hell of alot handyier than the spacer bar saddles.

£20+ delivery to NI, ah bugger.

If you want to go that route - ask any wholesaler for "C Type Saddles".

Marshall Tufflex do them, and most wholesalers stock them.

Darkness said:
Well I'll check it on conduit tomorrow to see how well it fits but they used them on 20mm conduit thats for sure.
Were they using any other conduit fittings?

Were they using 20mm conduit, or push-fit overflow pipe, as they gently hummed the theme tune to Rawhide?

p1081117_l.jpg
p1063493_l.jpg

They weren't using any other conduit fittings unless the standard spacers and saddles for the odd conduit that went to a switch/socket on concrete walls.

These clips were used to attach the conduit along timber beams on roofs etc.

Tried the clip on 20mm conduit and its a perfect fit. I see why they choose to use them. All conduit they used with these clips were 20mm and it looks to me these clips are made for 20mm conduit.

The one in your pic BAS is identicle to one I checked out before but wasn't small enough to firmly hold the conduit. The conduit moved about in it but maybe it would do the job in some cases.

For all I know, they could have been singing YMCA, you know what sparky's are like ;)

Darkness said:
They weren't using any other conduit fittings unless the standard spacers and saddles for the odd conduit that went to a switch/socket on concrete walls.
So it could have been 21-22mm overflow pipe?

p1080468_x.jpg

The one in your pic BAS is identicle to one I checked out before but wasn't small enough to firmly hold the conduit.
No - it wouldn't be, not for 20mm conduit. Would be a nice fit on overflow pipe though....

Well, I was back at the place today and took another look in bin and found all the labels of the packaging for the conduit which stated 20mm conduit.

I can confirm that the conduit used was defiantly 20mm high impact conduit.

They are called Klickfit saddles. You can get them for 20 and 25mm conduit. I used them to install 20mm high impact conduit in a workshop. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back