Apollo Fanfare boiler noisy gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody please tell me what the problem is with my boiler?
It starts and runs fine ,until it nears the set temperature , it then starts to make a clattering sound from the gas valve and it cuts in and out very frequently until it finally stops. It also inerferes with the radio each time it cuts in and out .
I have already replaced the gas valve solenoid and the pump overrun thermostat , I am now considering replacing the gas valve , i would apreciate any ideas.

Sponsored Links
I would have gone solenoid but it could be the thermo electric valve,so yes go for a new gas valve. Although the corgi engineer who you will be getting to change your gas valve will be able to diagnose the fault within a few minutes of initially seeing it!

I have bought a new gas valve but before i get someone in to change it there must be some seals/gaskets that i need to replace where the gas inlet and outlet point are bolted on .Can you tell me what i need to connect these two joints please .

No you should be fine the engineer will have all he needs!, please don't attempt to change the gas valve yourself it's not an expensive labour charge but the correct checks following replacement are crucial

Sponsored Links
just out pf curiosity what is used to seal these two joints ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back