Appliances for new kitchen help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am sure this has been asked before but a search didn't turn up what I was looking for so I hop you all don't mind me asking..

I am looking for a matching hob (5 burner), hood and oven that are good quality but not too expensive..

Seeing as I haven't looked at appliances in many years (been in rented houses) I was not sure on all the brands and where they rate against each other in terms of quality..

Obviously I know AEG, Bosch, Neff and Smeg and all top brands and this is reflected in their prices.. The brands I recognise on the low end would be Indesit and Hotpoint.. But there seem to be a whole lot of others in the mix like Baumatic, Belling, New World, Stoves, Beko etc... So with so many brand options its hard to know what's what..

Does anyone here have some sort of league table for the different brands that might help me to know which of these "new" brands are good quality??

Or is it really that these are all not that good and to stretch the budget to the known good brands?

Thanks for any help..

Sponsored Links
I can't help with the league table but my advice would be to get out and visit places like Currys, John Lewis and some of the other independents to get a 'feel' for the various manufacturers. You will notice that some are 'badge engineered' using similar casings but cheaper internals to help keep prices down.

At the end of the day any product can fail. I have always tended to opt for middle of the road, Electrolux, Hotpoint etc. Touch wood I have had very few problems (and we are talking over 40 yrs of home owning). Although many will disagree I have always considered Beko, Indesit and New World to be low end, but everyone will have an opinion on that.

I know it's none of my business, but don't even think about getting a gas hob or an old style electric hob. I have just switched to an induction hob ( siemens) and it is truly life changing. Great hot heat for searing, great low heat for bubbling and easy to clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back