Appliances on the skids

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am fitting out my kitchen following leaking underfloor pipe disaster and would like to put beneath worktop dishwasher and washing machine on skids of some sort to make it easy (even possible) to slide them out for maintenance/repair. Would appreciate advice from the knowledgeable regarding the most compact devices to use which will keep the increase in height to a minimum.

Sponsored Links
personally i wouldn't sit a washer on rollers. if you make sure that your floor is level from under the appliances (i.e.no lip to get up onto tiles etc) i,d just sit them on the floor. easiest way to remove a washer is to open the door and grab the front panel at 12 o'clock, lift slightly and ease it out.
in fact it's just as easy at any other time of the day.

keithwasherman said:
personally i wouldn't sit a washer on rollers. if you make sure that your floor is level from under the appliances (i.e.no lip to get up onto tiles etc) i,d just sit them on the floor. easiest way to remove a washer is to open the door and grab the front panel at 12 o'clock, lift slightly and ease it out.
in fact it's just as easy at any other time of the day.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back