Buying kitchen appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting in a new kitchen and I am buying the following integrated appliances:

washing machine
dishwasher
fridge
freezer

I am keen to get value for money and have some questions.

1) What are the main things i should be looking for? (eg energy efficiencies etc)

2) Where should I buy (I live in London - reliable delivery in evenings or at weekends is essential. Also, a one-stop shop would be great!)

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Euronics, local company but national purchase. Find what you want by using internet, go to Comet etc to look.

The are a few things to look for:
Looks good/fit for purpose/price only you know what you need)
Then efficency.

I enjoyed doing my kitchen. I went for looks/price/efficiency rating

Sponsored Links
If you pop along to your local library you can look at the "Which" reports. They are always doing surveys on domestic appliances.

Main things to watch for:

"A" energy ratings on all appliances.
Frost free freezer - pain in the :eek: defrosting these things
Fast spin on washing machine 1400rpm is fine 1600 rpm can shred clothes.

Minimum features - especially with ovens dishwashers and washing machines - you will only use the basic programmes.
Don't buy integrated or silver appliances, they are ridiculously more expensive than free standing or white appliances.

Where to buy...
when I bought my kitchen, MFI price matched bootsappliances.co.uk which have among the cheapest prices. They also matched a Boots staff discount which I said I could get and was 25%. in fact Boots staff discount is 12% and doesn't apply to web purchases!
My kitchen was £1800 and I got a free Bosch dishwasher worth £600 included.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back