Aqua board, moisture PB and finishing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Redoing an ensuite and got in a bit of a jam so hoping of suggstions:

Room has shower - 2 studs ( one each side) and back is solid wall plastered.

We wan to fully tile the shower, have tiles to a dado trim ( finish about 1150 from floor) on sink wall( continuation of one if shower walls)

We want all othe surfaces painted.

I have boarded all walls except shower in moisture PB and have aqua board for shower . I'd been advised to change /join board about 20mm befor tile line ends so ending one side just outside the tray and other side steps down to dado,

The issue I have is that I didn't realise until this week that you couldn't skim the AP so I am now wondering how I proceed to end up with a nice finish to paint, no plaster on the AB. I am happy to get a plasterer but need to be clear what I'm asking them to do

Any tips / suggestions welcomed

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you did skim it there would be no point in it being there, You can skim the walls and feather out the edge where you want the skim to end, not a big deal really as you can use a little less addy on the top of the top row of tiles to take out any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back