aqualisa aquastream leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My aqualisa aquastream thermostatic shower is leaking at the back of the unit when it is switched on and the water is running down the wall. What is the most common cause of this. could it be the cartridge at fault I tried to take the unit off the wall as the hot and cold pipework was directly behind it but i couldnt get the plastic elbows off that connects the pipes to the shower. I then read that there are two tools on the front cover for doing this I would appreciate if someone would tell me how these work as i cant seem to be able to pull the shower out from the wall far enough t even attempt to get a tool on the inside between the back of shower and the solid tiled wall. Thankyou

Sponsored Links
The Speedfit connections are always difficult to get off because scale builds up behind the grab ring and prevents it from sliding off the pipe.

It just needs persistence - keep the locking ring pressed down, evenly all round, and gradually work the fitting off the pipe.

If you have leak behind the shower then it must be from a connection outside the shower. If it comes from within the casing then it's likely to be a seal within the shower unit.

Thankyou for your advice. The aqualisa engineer came out and had a look, and he said that the shower was plumbed to the mains pump which is installed near the hot water cylinder. The mains pump was installed because the water pressure in our bedroom ensuite was poor. The engineer said that this is the reason why the seals inside the power shower blew after 2 years.
The shower should be piped with the cold coming from the storage tank and the hot from the cylinder or gravity fed as there already is an integral pump inside the shower unit.
The plumber who put the shower in doesnt want to know so i was hoping to do it myself. Ive been told i cant fit a pressure reducing valve on the hot and cold pipes as there still would be a bit of force behind it,and so i was wondering could i tee in to the cold distribution pipe that is plumbed to the tank rather than directly to the tank and to the hot pipe just below the tee to the vent on the hot water cylinder. Is there maybe another way that i could bypass the mains pump. Is the mains pump piped to the mains coming in to the house or is it fed by the cold water storage tank.
Could the hot water cylinder have ruptured due to the pressure put out by the pump which is 2.5 bar if the shower hadnt blown. Is it safe to be boosting the hot water up to this pressure without the necessary safety precautions that an unvented system has.

Sponsored Links
Is the bathroom docter available to advise me on the above dilemma or any other professional. Thankyou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back