Aqualisa Classic Aquavalve 200 Thermostatic - Dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - looking for some advice please. The valve has started dripping (from the valve itself rather than the shower head).

The temperature control lever is cracked so was planning on replacing it thinking that it might solve the dripping. However looking at an exploded diagram for the cartridge to figure out how to replace the lever, it doesn't look as though the lever should in any way control the flow of water.

I'm starting to conclude that replacing the lever (which I should do anyway before it snaps off - see pic) won't fix the leak. Am I wrong/right?

If the issue isn't related to the cracked level, what else could it be and is it potentially fixable DIY? I'm worried because the pipes are built in behind the tiled wall so have no idea how I could isolate the water supply.

Many thanks

w
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Won't be anything to do with the cracked lever.

Likely to be the seal behind the white plastic body, which you can remove by undoing the four Phillips headed screws. Aqualisa are very good on spares and you should be able to get the seals.
There is also an "o" ring seal right at the back of the shower. It can be changed but its a right pig and needs a lot of fiddling, a hook made from coat hanger wire to get the old one out and the patience of a saint. However, its worth changing while you've got the rest to bits.

The screw mentioned above are screwed into brass bushes secured into the plastic body. These brass buses can come out leaving the font a bit loose and likely to leak. I have managed before now to fix them back by roughing up the outside surface of the bush with a file, cleaning and roughing up the inside of the hole in the plastic with a needle file, and securing the bush back with Araldite.

Anything you do will require the water (hot and cold) to be turned off. If there are no readily accessible isolation valves, you'll have to find another way of turning the hot and cold off, usually gate valves in the airing cupboard. If combi, its easy, turn of the mains cold stop valve.

Great thanks, I'll contact them and order the seals. I'm sure I can find a way of isolating the water. Thanks.

Aqualisa customer services came back saying: "We do not sell replacement seals for cartridges. The cartridge would have to be replaced and it would come with replacement a o'ring. The grey thermostatic cartridge is priced at £89.99 including VAT and the part number is 022801."

On their site there is an o'ring listed but I don't know if it's the right one? I'm guessing not if Customer Services are saying not? http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/parts-accessories/o-rings-filters-seals-washers-gaskets-screwp/o-rings

I found this on eBay but for £15 but maybe I'm better off just replacing the cartidge just in case it isn't the seal?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AQUALISA-...CK-INTERNAL-SEAL-SET-022801-2-3-/230842313501

I guess the question is - is it normally anything other than the seals that makes the cartidge leak? It hasn't been whacked or anything - was fine a few days ago!

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back