Aqualisa Quartz Digital not getting hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I have an Aqualisa Quartz digital power shower, and will get fairly warm, but not what I'd call hot. The light on the switch flashes all the time, suggesting it hasn't reached the temp it should. it's on a Combi boiler, which I believe is a NO NO, but A-lisa do a special cartridge for Combi's suggesting they say it's o.k. when I turn the sink cold tap on it improves, but not a lot. I've tried turning the stopcock down, as I though the shower was asking for hot water too quickly, and the boiler "can't handle it", this doesn't make any difference, more info on request of course, any ideas. Many thanks in advance. Mick.

Sponsored Links
is it not still under warranty ?
these don't have a cartridge they are a sealed unit.
has it just started doing it ?
is it a new install ?

does it start off hot then cool down ?

Thanks. Not under warranty, was fitted before I moved in, 6 years ago. Always worse in winter (presaume mains water is much colder then).
Has always done it. It doesn't start off hot, just warm.
Sometimes (when first turned on) goes warm, then stone cold, then warm, then cold, then warm and stays warm , Cheers.

is the dhw temp on boiler turned up high enough?
try it with the shower hose off as these are known for collapsing inside.

has it lost pressure at all ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, DHW is turned up to max (Glowworm 30cxi), showing 1.3bar. Will try with hose off. Nice one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back