aqualisa quartz electric shower unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
while working the water seams to be also "jetting" out the back of the unit behind where the hose connects to the unit, there is no problem when the hose is hanging down with shower head attached but when i re attach the shower head back onto the shower rail the jet of water starts again resulting in lose of water pressure and volume of water at shower head again??

possible hose fault???

please help folks if you can

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the prd is failing.
But once a prd fails that's it it don't get better when moving position of hose etc.

Remove cover and check it's coming from prd.

whats prd sorry? it works perfect until i fix shower head back in rail... to me it seams like a safety mechanism as in if the water isnt getting full flow to head then it dumps the water out the back rather than going back into pump? only a thought!

A prd is a safety device that activates when the hose or head is restricted and pressure builds up in the shower heat tank, So the prd activates to release excess water pressure.

Sponsored Links
no probs thanks, i googled it there and there is a step by step guide on how to fix without buying a new prd..

1. Turn off electrical supply to shower at the main fuse board.
2. Unscrew the hose from the bottom of the shower unit.
3. Remove the casing screws (2 on top of cover, 1 under the cover).
4. Set the temperature control dial to the mid-blend position and remove, this will ensure ease of re-fitting the dial.
5. Remove the front cover, by tilting the top of the cover towards you and sliding it downwards.
6. On the left hand side you will see the white plastic outlet pipe. (This is where your hose screws onto).
7. Using a crosshead (Phillips head) screwdriver- remove the small fixing screw that secures the outlet pipe to the black heater tank and twist the outlet pipe whilst pulling it gently down.
8. Carefully remove the outlet pipe from the heater canister.
9. Approximately 1 inch above the threaded end of the outlet pipe is a small tee-junction which should contain a small silicone ball, push the white cap covering this ball upwards with a screw driver to gain access to the ball.
10. Using a blunt instrument (back end of a biro pen for example), push the silicone ball back into the housing until it locates firmly. (Note: the ball will not push all the way through into the outlet pipe).
11. Re-fit the outlet pipe ensuring that the tee-junction is facing the wall and that the o-ring seals correctly into the heater canister.
12. Re-fit the front cover, control dial and hose.
13. Remove the shower head from the hose and point the open end into the shower tray or bath.
14. Turn the shower unit on and ensure that water is not escaping from the PRD. If this is fine, reattach the shower head and test again.
15. Re-instate the electrical supply.

That's it but sort the hose/head out first before trying or you'll blow it again.

no probs thanks, i googled it there and there is a step by step guide on how to fix without buying a new prd..

4. Set the temperature control dial to the mid-blend position and remove, this will ensure ease of re-fitting the dial.
5. Remove the front cover, by tilting the top of the cover towards you and sliding it downwards.
6. On the left hand side you will see the white plastic outlet pipe. (This is where your hose screws onto).
7. Using a crosshead (Phillips head) screwdriver- remove the small fixing screw that secures the outlet pipe to the black heater tank and twist the outlet pipe whilst pulling it gently down.
9. Approximately 1 inch above the threaded end of the outlet pipe is a small tee-junction which should contain a small silicone ball, push the white cap covering this ball upwards with a screw driver to gain access to the ball.
10. Using a blunt instrument (back end of a biro pen for example), push the silicone ball back into the housing until it locates firmly. (Note: the ball will not push all the way through into the outlet pipe).
11. Re-fit the outlet pipe ensuring that the tee-junction is facing the wall and that the o-ring seals correctly into the heater canister.
13. Remove the shower head from the hose and point the open end into the shower tray or bath.
14. Turn the shower unit on and ensure that water is not escaping from the PRD. If this is fine, reattach the shower head and test again.

This worked for me, I had the leak from behind the shower control casing, it solved this, but also having had this issue a long time without repair the on switch started to fail regularly, had to keep pressing button on a few times until it started working, it fixed this too, though i thought it had completely failed after this fix but i tried again after about 15 minutes and all was working perfectly, no leak either.

On point 9 ,on my model aqualisa quartz 10,5 ,there did not appear to be a cap it was actually moulded in end but on trying to lift it broke a piece off and i could get access to the ball with a flexible biro in to push the ball (which you can barely see as its white too, but you can feel it if you prod it.)

Expected to have to get a new shower an hour ago so well pleased

:D

Thanks to Finalspin for posting the easy fix instructions on how to fix the PRD - worked a treat...... the cause turned out to be a restricted/collapsed hose ..... it would otherwise have meant calling out a plumber - all to remove a few screws and push back a silicon ball! ..... Once again thanks for the easy fix instructions:D

Thanks to Finalspin for posting the easy fix instructions on how to fix the PRD - worked a treat...... the cause turned out to be a restricted/collapsed hose ..... it would otherwise have meant calling out a plumber - all to remove a few screws and push back a silicon ball! ..... Once again thanks for the easy fix instructions:D

I understand this fix but i don't have a silicon ball in the T piece. Any suggestions?

Well done FinalSpin! Thanks for posting those instructions. You just saved me over £200 on the new shower I was going to buy!

Thank you 'Finalspin' for your excellent instructions! Just fixed the same problem at our holiday house. Saved us an unnecessary repair cost!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back