Aqualisa Shower Head Holder Loose

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly a plumbing question but this seemed the most relevant section.

Quite a minor problem but annoying.

My tenants are complaining that the shower head holder is loose such that during a shower the head falls out of the holder.

It is of the Aqualisa pinch grip variety. The bit that grips the riser is fine. Just the side that the shower head slots into causes the shower head to be loose. The ratchet appears to be ok.

Have had a look and can't see anything wrong with it or signs of damage.

The part that the shower head slots into appears to be too big but there's no obvious signs of deformity. Plus I think (please confirm if you can?) that part looks fairly solid metal, so unlikely that it would have got stretched over time but if anyone has any experiences of this please let me know.

Temporarily, I've wrapped some tape round the section of shower head that slots in which has only slightly improved things and it wouldn't take much to work its way loose again.

Any advice folks???
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Photos?

Is the Head an aqualisa head or has it been changed for a new/different brand?

Is the shower hose the same at both ends? Ie has it been dismantled and put back together the wrong way round?

Thanks dilalio,
Yeah, it's an Aqualisa head but actually it's the end of the pipe that screws to the head that is the part that slots into the holder.
Thought that myself but the tenants said that they haven't changed or modified any parts at all, it just went loose. The other end of the pipe has a completely different end anyway.
Bit confused....
Do you know if the bracket that it slots into is metal. It appears to be.

Sponsored Links
Which one is it?

https://www.aqualisa.co.uk/parts-accessories/shower-head-holders/pinch-grip-handset-holders

Doubt its metal but they do so many that it could be.

You're sure it's not the rachet? I can't see how the hose cone could slip out of the bracket otherwise as its tapered to prevent it slipping through! Do they have it tilted so far forward that it's cantilevering out?

Does this help any?...

it's not exactly like any of them but generally the same design.
Have seen that video thanks but was trying to avoid taking the riser off.
will try and add photo

here you go

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_142945 (2).jpg
    IMG_20181103_142945 (2).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 824
Buy a new riser rail kit ,they are widely available ,not very expensive .

That looks plastic, and really looks like its just been opened up, you can see the point in the middle that's stressed from it spreading. Just replace it with another rail, can pick it up from screwfix etc.

Many thanks all.
Was thinking that maybe there might be such a thing as shower head holder that I can attach to the current riser and leave the current holder left in situ.
One that I wouldn't need to dismantle the riser for.
Any idea if there's such a thing?

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Superb!
Just the solution I was looking for. and not too expensive either.
Many thanks for that.

The shower-head holder would benefit from re-design for durability. The part shaped like the letter "C", which actually holds the shower head, is weak at its thinnest point. On my existing shower head holder, that part has slightly buckled after about five years of gentle use, causing it to drop the shower head from time to time.

Aqualisa informed me that replacing the shower head holder would require a lot of plumbing work (which I can't do myself) and that it would cost me almost £100 for an Aqualisa plumber to replace it.

I found a simple solution: wrapping electrician's tape around the shower head handle, where the holder grips it. Cost of repair: about twenty pence. Job done.

Thanks Bob,
Did try that but the tenants struggled with it still. Ended up buying an attachment from Wilko for £4. Attaches to any riser without the need to slide it over.
Not the most fancy or quality bit of kit I've bought but it did the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back