Are 1.5 tiles required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small section of pitched roof that needs to be tiled. The roof will tie into the rear of the house with a lead flashing dropping down onto the tiles.

I will be installing soakers to sit behind the flashing BUT i cant get hold of any 1.5 tiles to install down the junction. Are these actually required or do people just use them because they are easier than cutting down full tiles to halves to start the bond?

If it is acceptable to start with a half tile i am good to go, if not i need to locate some 1.5 tiles maybe from ebay.

Sponsored Links
1.5 tiles are more useful when an end tile may be considerably shorter than a 0.5 tile.
Because roofs will never end up being an exact number of tiles wide!
...and are you talking tiles or slates?
Travis Perkins usually have 1.5 slates in stock.

Tiles not slates. Its more for the starting edge up against the house which will have the lead flashing over it. I wondered if there had to be a full tile or more to lap the flashing onto. Happy to cut a half tile to start every other row if it is allowed. I can wait for the 1.5's if required to cut at the other end where it meets a tiled return if full tiles cut wont work..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back