1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Mp's really that shortsighted ? Beware the silent winning majority !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gasbanni, 30 Mar 2019.

1. gasbanni

gasbanni

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It would seem so ! any MP whose voted to remain whose constituents voted to leave is going to have a rather briefer political career than they probably imagined.

An example :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-hard-Brexit-fear-new-deselection-moves.html

The silent majority won the referendum so there was no need of the histrionics of the remainers with their whinging and lamentations, however make no mistake should the will of the majority be subverted then I fear the remain protests will look like a kiddies tea party in comparison! !!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    I read today about a moderate MP in a remain-voting constituency who was expelled by his local tory party, because he was not a Brextremist. Dominic Grieve in Beaconsfield.

But Tories are like that.

All due to the histrionics of the Leavers with their whinging and lamentations

3. Bodd

Bodd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

I would recommend they all get out. The Torys will never rule again unless we leave...

• Like Like x 1
  4. jasonzyx

jasonzyx

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    General Election or referendum, bring it on!
    The sooner the better because at this rate we're bound to end up there sooner or later.
    I prefer a referendum because a GE would be a referendum by proxy. Both major parties will offer the world to everyone. The manifestos will be a perfect example of fence-sitting.