Are these people thick or what??

J

joinerjohn

As the title says.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-11340632

People don't want a 6ft high flood defence built

As one campaigner states ,,"It is a tremendous waste of land and space and I can't imagine why they are doing it."

Is he real??

Ahh well, all the Environment Agency has to do is nothing at all except wait for the complaints to pour in when these silly burgers are sitting in 3ft of dirty stinking water. And then tell them "We told you this would happen!!"

Sponsored Links
In my opinion, I think anyone who actively campaigns against it, should be void from making a claim from the insurance company if they did get flooded

A friend of mine lives on the embankment of the Trent in Nottingham. The area already has a flood defence, but it is in danger of being overwhelmed. An engineer came to his house (30 metres from the Trent) and explained that they only needed to add 30 cm to the top of the existing defence to make it a 100 year event. So why build a bank when you don't need one? Raising the level 30cm will stop the flood in that area and ship it downstream (towards me :cry: )

Sponsored Links
They do sound silly, a once in a hundred year event..vs 'recreational ground, in the middle of nowhere..'

Do you use this land? No. Are you likely to lose all your belongings in a flood? Yes. Are you sane? Ask Fred. Who's Fred? My imaginary friend!

Yes we know all about five fingered Fred being your best friend. :LOL:

Back