Ariston AFA 250 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Christmas problems.... My dishwasher starts for about 10 secs, then the initial rinse light (1st one on the left as you look at it) starts to flash and the pump noise (I think that is what it is) stops. It has happened before and after leaving it for a few days it corrects itself for a few more weeks. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Think this indicates a leak into the base. Tip it back about 45 degrees to drain the water out of the base then try it. If it happens again then you've probably got a leak.

Thanks for this tip. Our dishwasher has this problem too, every 6-12 months, normally we'd wait a few days and it seemed to sort itself out. Tipped it back water ran out. Re-started d/w and all fine again now- didn't want to have to have hands in the sink all over Christmas!!!
However, should i be concerned that this is happening? Is it relatively easy to fix for a competent DIYer, or is it a callout job? Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back