Ariston AWD12 Water constantly filling drum moving draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ariston AWD12 Advantage

Margeritha 2000

Serial No: 407023834 *80260960030

Hello to the forum!

This is my first post and have tried to see if my problem is repeated elsewhere on the forum, however no luck.

My Washer dryer seems to constantly fill with water and drains also. The drum turns but the water constantly fills and fills.

If I try to turn the dial to another setting it will just decide to turn constantly until it reaches the the place it was before prior to moving.
I have checked and cleaned out the filter and it wasn't really dirty anyway.

When I have selected a spin mode, the drum also fills with water and appears to be filling only from the pre wash section of the powder compartment.

The water pipes, both hot and cold have been fitted correctly and the waste pipe has also been fitted/placed correctly.

I had the top cover of (Isolated from mains firstly) and was thinking it could be the water solenoid inlet valves (looks like a set of 3 combined) or maybe the water pressure switch?

If it was the solenoid is it possible just to replace the coil part or will it need the whole solenoid unit?
I have a multi meter but I am unsure what to do next to try to get to the bottom of this problem and get this problem fixed.

Other than that I never use the drier and the machine is in really good condition, unfortunately I cannot afford to purchase a new one.

I would really really appreciate any help please. I'm usually quite good and electrical/mechanical repairs but on this occasion I'd rather take good advice from this forum firstly.

Many many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Does the dial click round and door lock light flash. Have you cleaned /blown down presure pipe /chamber.

Hi Rocks1

It clicks from a spin mode to stop but that's when I have had switched the water off at the tap. Door lock flashes after spin mode is complete.

Not tried blowing down the pressure pipe. Is that the device on the right hand side of the machine adjacent to the timer?

If so how do I do that please? is it a case of detaching the main pipe that runs down the machine then blowing? if so how hard? (don't want to ruin anything further)
I have only tried removing kick panel and cleaned filter so far, and that seems to be quite clean

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Yes pull of the pipe and gently blow down it you should here a click or 2. The tube should show no blockage. Does it still fill on a spin mode if so pcb has gone.

Sponsored Links
ok Took the pipe off, blew down gently into the chamber and heard few clicks. There does not seem to be a blockage in the black pipe that runs downwards.
Yep it fills on a spin mode too! So its probably the main PCB as you say. Is that the main board on the lower right of the machine with plenty of molex type connectors on it? If so, is the PCB serviceable if not how much would a new board cost roughly?
I'm reluctant to buy a new board if its really expensive. If there are components that can be replaced I'm willing to try that.

Many many thanks for your help :)

There's a company emw that does recon pcbs cost about 40 quid based in Nottingham turn around in 24 hrs there is loads of posts on here about them.

Thanks very much for you help, I shall try them.
Hopefully it wont be too expensive.

Really appreciate the speedy replies :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back