Ariston Eurocombi no DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ariston EuroCombi STYX 20MMFICE has developed a problem. I have CH but no DHW. I neeeeed a bath. Ive narrowed it down to the flow switch, i think. On the valve there is a set of 3 microswitched above a rod which i guess which activates the switches. If i remove the microswitches and manually pull the rod with some pliers, i get flow to the secondary HE and thus hot water. However my rod isnt rising to switch the flow (no carry-on jokes please lol). I know where the diaphram is so I will replace that, but i dont know where the flow switch is. I note a black cylinder, about 30mm in diameter and and 30mm long connected to a short manifold on the flow from the primary HE. I presume its this but would require confirming. Please. :)

I'm replacing the boiler next month, but if i dont get a bath, the fitter will think I'm a tramp.

Plus what would happen, hypothetically speaking, If i manually pullled the rod up to allow flow into the secondary for long enough to run a bath? Any help duly appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
I suppose that pulling on your rod will simulate a working diverter valve and make it work.

Its always better if the rod is able to erect unaided though.

Repeatedly pulling on the rod may damage it and cause the seal to leak.

Tony

I appreciate that, thanks. I have ordered a new flow diverter. I used mole grips last night to simulate flow, to enable me to run a bath. I have someone coming to fit a new boiler next week so i only have a few days of being smelly to cope with. The boiler is old anyway and needed replacing. I just wished i couldve put it off for a month or two.

Sponsored Links
It was the diaphram on the flow divertor. It was split. I have DHW now, I changed the diaphram instead of the whole valve once i found out i could get the diaphram for a fiver and the valve would cost £65!!!

I have a manual, including the spares catalogue. i will scan and post it on a free file server for other ariston STYX SX20MFF eurocombi boiler users. I'll post a link here to it very soon.

BTW, i got the diaphram from ebay. Cheap as chips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back