ariston microcombi 23 mfi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have unfortuntley have ariston combi mffi 23. It was aleady in the house when i moved here. The red light coming on is a very regular occurance just learnt to live with having to press the reset button 5times per day. But now the dreaded yellow has started to appear. I thought I got this sorted in August I had a gorgi engineer sort it- he said cos there has been rain (no sh*t I live in the UK) He said if it keeps happening will have to get a new part which he did a week later.. Everything was blis for weeks, not even a sign of the red light. but the past few weeks both the red and yellow have been coming back- but have normally resloved this by pressing the reset button or switching the power off over night. but now the past 2days i cannot get the boiler on- there is pressure is reading 1bar and the boiler makes a noise when the hot water tap is turned on but i cannot get rid off the red and yellow light. can anyone hlp b4 i take a sledge hammer to the dmn thing!!

Sponsored Links
Aristons can be quite sensitive to corrosion, and as they often have been used on budget installs, proper cleaning was usually not an option, so it is likely to be needed now.

The corrosion is in the wet section, rads, pipes and that, never part of a service.
Just out of interest, how long does the chap work on the boiler when he does the service?

Sponsored Links
Sounds about right, you can do a proper service on that model in about 40 minutes.

not sure what was changed, but it took 2 guys to do it- he may of mentioned it was the fan- it sounds quite familar- but wasnt really paying that much attention. just wanted it sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back